roll cages/bars in Solo2

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: roll cages/bars in Solo2
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:47:09 -0500
We don't need a definitive Solo2 cage rule that follows any road race or drag
specifications.
Here's why:
We don't need mandatory roll over protection.
We can't change seats in stock to accomplish driver's head clearance
specifications.
There is no class reciprocation allowance to run a Solo2 compliant car in the
corresponding road race class.  I can't run my RX7 in either ITA or GT whatever
even if I put in safety equipment.  Yet, road race wants to run and be
competitive in Solo2 without changing their cars to fit our rules, but that is
another can of worms.

What we could use is a REAL definition of tube framed cars and how they would
fit in "P", or move to "M" (where I think they belong).  The only reason the GT
cars are in "P" is because they have a chance to win there and no chance in D
or E Mod.

And since I'm ranting on road race vs. Solo2, all road race results on this
list are more Spam than any post made by Jean or anyone else with Evolution
(which I've never attended, my driving probably proves that point).

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a meaningful
relationship with women" - Joseph Heller

The census records were used in 1941-2 to identify, abduct and imprison
innocent Japanese Americans. Be sure to fill out yours.  Trust them.