Re: Was M3 - - now ESP participation

Subject: Re: Was M3 - - now ESP participation
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:43:24 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> > Bottom line ESP should not be
> > able to be dominated like it has been this year by a non-Pony car.  With
> > _any_ driver.)
> Well, the M3 aside, where does it say in the rules that ESP must be won by
> a Mustang or Camarobird? If it runs ESP times, then it's an ESP car - the
> name on the fender doesn't matter.

First, I said "Dominated" not "won by".  There's a distinct difference.
Everyone going to nationals that paid attention to the results knew who
was gonna win ESP already.

Second, the name on the fender does kinda matter.  ESP is supposed to be a
pony car class.  Perhaps that's never been made official, but there's no
question that's the majority opinion.

Mark