Re: Protest in HS?

To: SpedToe169@aol.com, pfoster@gdi.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Protest in HS?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:49:37 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/00 9:16:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
SpedToe169@aol.com writes:

<< Yes, The detemination was that the timing was not off intentionally. It
was
 in fact retarded, not advanced as one would expect to gain a performance
 advantage.  If anything it was hurting him. >>

I won't speak to intent, but those cars gain more bottom end than they lose
at the top by retarding the timing.  I tested it many years ago.  I always
set mine to the very bottom of the spec.  So I wouldn't buy into the belief
that it hurt him...

CHD