Re: New Miata

To: EGFord@mazakcorp.com
Subject: Re: New Miata
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:08:47 -0500
On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:36:27 -0400 "Tony Ford" <EGFord@mazakcorp.com>
writes:
> A road racer
> once told me if I was going to race that I should buy a proper race
> car and forget running a stock class car and all the expense it
> entails making it raceworthy. I'm inclined to believe him now.

I agree with your road racer friend.  Spend the same money and time on a
cheap, older car and build a __race__ car which will be competitive over
the long haul (or just buy a competitive car someone else has already
built) and you will be way ahead of the game.

IMHO, stock classes work well for those who need to race their daily
drivers.  I have yet to see the attraction stock classes hold for
accomplished, committed racers...

Jon FP 73