Re: How to lose your job in less than 60 seconds...

To: Sean Long <seanlong@micron.net>
Subject: Re: How to lose your job in less than 60 seconds...
From: Steven Fooshee <fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 20:20:46 -0500
Sean Long wrote:

> I thought it was funny too.  I suppose it was a gutsy (or thoughtless) thing
> to say in the national media, but funny nonetheless.  I didn't interpret it
> as a slam on women drivers, more as a funny way of pointing out how ironic
> the whole thing was.  Heck, even if they were TRYING to smack into each
> other, the odds of it happening like that are pretty low.  It's a tough
> crowd out there especially in "the business", and I'm sure both drivers are
> capable of seeing the ironic humor in it without getting pissed.  If
> something this silly gets people in the racing business uptight, I wonder
> how they've survived in the business so far.  You're bound to find a harder
> edge to the humor in a competitive business like auto racing, so I don't
> think the comment was really that rough.  It certainly isn't as bad as
> getting sent into the wall.
>
> Sean Long
> '98 TA, FS
>
> > > "There are only two women out there, yet they managed
> > >to find each other"

        I didn't watch the race (or any other IRL race! :) but _every_ sports
highlight show showed the women hitting each other, so if Sneva's going
to lose his job, he shouldn't be alone.
        At least he didn't say "look at the monkey run!" (I think that was it
[?], anyone remember that?)

--
---

1990 GS 500-E: Two cams, four valves, solid lifters.
MCMLXIX Sprite: One cam, eight valves, pushrods, solid lifters.
1987 RX-7 TII: Valvetrain schmalvetrain! This is the gravy train!
Lottery: Support education! Tax people who suck at math.

-