Re: SCCA Spokesperson...... :-)

To: "Paul Cezanne" <oblique@alum.mit.edu>, "Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com>,
Subject: Re: SCCA Spokesperson...... :-)
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 00:26:18 -0500
>I started the Kumho street tire thread.  And yes, I did buy the Kumho
>street tires and yes I did buy them from Tire Rack.
>
>We have a local tire store that matches TireRack's internet pricing
>(if you add shipping in) but I still chose to buy from our sponsor.
>
>So listen up sponsors, we do buy your stuff!
=================================
Agreed.  I will soon be looking for a set of good 205/50-15 street tires
(well, as soon as I find some inexpensive 15 wheels) for my Neon and have
been soliciting feedback about the Kumho street tires.  I think their
biggest selling pint is the prices and their support of our grassroots
racing efforts.  If the street tires also perform well, so much the better.

I race, er, make that practice low speed precision driving on Kumhos and
will thank them for their continued support of our sport by purchasing their
street tires, through the TireRack.  (BTW, anybody got a line on some of the
older alloy 15x6" FWD Shelby Dodge wheels?)

As someone has written in the past, our race tires would likely cost much
MUCH more than they already do if the tire companies didn't "subsidize" our
race tires through the selling their main line products.  It has also been
said that they don't make much money, if any at all (although I'd have to
wonder with Korean labor rates  ;^), through the selling of race tires but
rather use these venues to promote their bread and butter products which
they hope that we will also purchase.

If I was in the market for a guitar then I would also seriously consider the
Peavey line of products.  Say, does Peavey make good bass guitars?  I've
still got an old 4x12" Mesa Boogie stack in storage but the axe got sold a
long while back.  I probably still suck at it though.  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Education is neither intelligence nor wisdom. An educated
fool can always find a philosophy to justify his folly.
I have no idea who originally said this.  But I like it.