Re: SCCA Spokesperson...... :-)

To: Scot Zediker <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA Spokesperson...... :-)
From: "Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 10:56:32 -0500
Peavey has:

Hosted two National Tours.

Provided the facilities for the first EVER live web broadcast of and SCCA
event, which over 6000 people listened to.

Given thousands of dollars in prizes

Given the SCCA an entire new PA  (Fender does not even make what Peavey
provided)

and Fender has?

The reason you choose to support a company that does not support you or the
sport is?????

Everyone seems to think that only the people posting are watching.  Peavey,
Tire Rack, and several other POTENTIAL sponsors monitor this board.  You
people will scare every dollar you can out of this sport.  Why are you so
intent on ruining it for the rest of us?  Peavey watched the Tire Rack posts
go by.  And I have had to do a lot of explaining at work why Peavey should
even be involved with a sport that bashes its sponsors.  We understand that
not every consumer will choose our products over the competition  That is
business.  But maybe if just ONE post said something like "personally, I
choose to buy my tires from my local independent retailer, but I appreciate
what Tire Rack is doing for the sport", other sponsors would look at the
solo market as something to embrace, not stay away from.

Steven Volpp
Artist Relations Manager
Peavey Electronics