Re: MaSnitch and All That Stuff

To: "John Lieberman" <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Subject: Re: MaSnitch and All That Stuff
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:38:44 -0400
>Paul (and others)
>
>You don't "subscribe" to the Safety Belt and it's not a "new"
>newsletter.  The Safety Belt dates back to the days when Art Trier
was
>chairman of the National Solo Safety Committee.  It's sent out
>(hopefully on a quarterly basis) to every licensed SCCA Solo Safety
>Steward.  It sort of died when Art left the SSC.  I brought it back
>life in '97 (?) with lots of help and encouragement from Paige
>Wagner.  However, it died again at the end of '98 when Paige left the
>SCCA and went to work for a Vermont ski lodge.  Now I'm working to
>bring it back again.
>
>There are two ways to get your hands on a copy of the Safety Belt.
>First, become a Solo II Safety Steward yourself.  Or, second, ask one
>of the Solo II Safety Stewards in your region if you can see a copy
of
>his/her newsletter.
>
>We WANT this thing to get as broad of a dissemination as possible.
But
>we also want to keep the cost inline.

I'd like to suggest a third. Create a Safety Steward web site and
publish it on the internet. Then we both can have what we want to
accomplish. I'll even pay the costs for the first year. How's that?

>As for the risk management info, we're asking for it, too.  Anything
>we get that could possibly benefit the rest of the Solo community,
>we'll pass along in the Safety Belt.

I have been asking for it for years. Good luck to you...

>There's nothing secret about the Safety Belt.  We (the members of the
>SSC) want to pass along everything we possibly can to the entire Solo
>community.  If you, or anybody else, has a safety concern, we want to
>hear from you.

Er, I'd take a good hard look at Atlanta if I were you...

Paul Foster