Re: site loss

To: Tom_Holt <tholt@ccsi.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: site loss
From: Jim Ourand <sojim@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 23:00:18 -0700
Years ago we ran on the Convair Division of General Dynamics parking lot
in San Diego, CA.  We paid $50 for the privilege and had our choice of
several lots.  Suddenly the availability was cut off - without
explanation.

Eventually it came to the following explanation:  The Convair Facilities
Management Dept in San Diego wanted to resurface the parking lots.  They
submitted aerial photographs to the St Louis Corporate Management.  The
photographs showed the "tracks" of a recent autocross.  St Louis
Corporate asked what the tracks were, Convair Facilities Management
responded that they were just a recent sports car event.  Bottom Line,
we never got to use those parking lots again.

And the Point Is:  You can lose a track or parking lot for something you
have no control over.  BTW, Qualcomm Stadium (then known as Jack Murphy
Stadium) used to require an ambulance on site.  Then relented to a EMS
certified person, and last I heard there is no emergency personnel
requirement.

The pendulum continues to swing......

--
Jim Ourand,