Re: tire life and alignment question

To: solo2crx@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: tire life and alignment question
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:34:23 -0500
excessive toe-out will cause the inside edge of the tire to be the
"leading" edge and wear out. Since you had it aligned recently, it may be
a poorly done job or you have a control arm bushing or ball joint worn
that causes the tire to go toe out when travelling down the road. this
means when the car is static on the alignment rack, everything looks fine
to the measuring equipment.  however, checking for worn parts is usually
the first thing any good alignment technician checks for. so you can
still say it was a poorly done job.

Dave Yeung
Houston Region