Re: F125 - PLEASE DONT GO AWAY! I'M IN!

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: F125 - PLEASE DONT GO AWAY! I'M IN!
From: "David Hironaka" <daveds50@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 04:56:27 -0700
>You can also read online on the web why champ-kart proponents want cages
and
>belts in karts.

  yup, seen it...  it's just to promote their beliefs.

>>   in short, i would not want to do an end over end roll
>>in a ball as small as a kart.  i'd rather seperate from the
>>kart...
>
>The champ-kart crowd clearly disagrees with this.  So it's not just
>autocrossers that have these beliefs.

  not all autocrossers hold the same beliefs as you.  most that
i've met that are familliar with karts, will admit that they are safer
than you make them out to be.  they also seem to be a majority
over the anti kart people.

> There is a growing number of kart
>racers who are getting tired of being "thrown clear".

  read the numbers for the champ karts...  they are _very_
small in the world of karting...  if they grow for the next  few
hundred years, they may get to 1/100th of the worlds karting
population.   keep in mind that kart racing in USA is very
small when compared to other countries... we only get a
hundred or so at local events, a few hundred in larger
cities, and many hundreds at the larger events.  we are
considered very small...
  im familliar with the champ karts... i also know that not all the
info is given about their crashes on the web site...  you may want
to look into it yourself though before you get too excited over
them.  they are also not the first to have roll cages and belts,
that started a long time ago.
  keep in mind that the champ karts run on dirt.  they do have a
higher center of gravity... just think what they would do on a high
traction surface...

   see ya,
  dave