Re: AM Turnout (was Fine print)

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: AM Turnout (was Fine print)
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:00:13 -0500

>Even though Bill Goodale is from my Region, and is the current National
>Champ, I think the car needs another year or two in development to compete
>with the Phantom.  Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the two meet in 1998?
>I looked on the SCCA website but it looks as if the 1998 results are
>gone...anyone have them?  Goodale had a Tui before so the entry list should
>be the proof.

1998 was the year I was DTN and at Topeka.  Bill was much slower than
the Phantom.  He was having an overheating problem.  One (or both?)
of the Phantom drivers helped him diagnose it on the grid.  It was an
easy fix, but not in grid time.  Later Bill told me that when he got
home he made the change and let it idle in his driveway for half an
hour with no problems.

That's what I love about this sport, how competitors help each other.

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki

Help the UN feed the world for free @ http://www.thehungersite.com