Re: JonesMB Car-O-Scope

To: "Lonnie Heston" <lhheston@yahoo.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: JonesMB Car-O-Scope
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:31:06 -0600
>AMC stands for American Motor Cars,

I think that is American Motors Corporation.

>the late '60s and
>early '70s name for RAMBLER.

Yes.  The Rambler American became the American Rambler.  Sort of.

>I can't remember when
>Rambler bought Willys Jeep, must have been around '69.

Didn't buy it from Willys.  It belonged to Kaiser Steel by then.

> Then AMC partnered with Renault, with the Jeep
>division keeping the US operations afloat financially,
>and eventually Chrysler bought a controlling interest
>in AMC (mid eighties?) and the AMC name disappeared.

It esentially became Eagle.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
LOON, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/