Re: JonesMB Car-O-Scope

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: JonesMB Car-O-Scope
From: Lonnie Heston <lhheston@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:51:56 -0800 (PST)
------------------------------

>Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 00:36:40 -0600
>From: JonesMB <jonesmb@ziplink.net>
>Subject: Re: car-o-scope

>Like everybody else, my car-o-scope results were
>unusual.
<snip>

>It then goes on to suggest these cars as alternatives
>1. AMC Jeep
>2. BMW 528
>3. Mitsubishi Eclipse
>4. Toyota 4x4
>5. Chevrolet Camaro

<another snip>

>I am not even sure what an AMC Jeep is.

AMC stands for American Motor Cars, the late '60s and
early '70s name for RAMBLER.  I can't remember when
Rambler bought Willys Jeep, must have been around '69.
 Then AMC partnered with Renault, with the Jeep
division keeping the US operations afloat financially,
and eventually Chrysler bought a controlling interest
in AMC (mid eighties?) and the AMC name disappeared.
Remember Lee Iacocca advertising "the Jeep has come
home" - meaning the French interest in the company was
out of the picture?

Does anyone see a pattern to these Car-O-Scopes?  90%
seem to be saying no matter what you drive you would
be happier in something else?  You make too much money
to be in the car you like?  Like the used car dealers
paid for the programming?

I can't wait to see how mine comes back...

=====
Lonnie Heston
87 CaMaRo RS 2.8v6
lhheston@yahoo.com