Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 07:32:28 -0800 (PST)
My experience (take it for what it's worth): I ran an
87 Corvette when I started. It's the reason I got into
autocrossing. I ran it for a full season. Then I
bought a Neon. I learned more about car control after
the first 2 or 3 events then I had the whole previous
year. I realized how much more controlling the car as
opposed to the car controlling you meant. I ran it for
2 years. This past season I built an E-Mod car. My
driving is okay which allowed me time to develop the
car. This off season I have corrections to make that
next year should make me competitive. Example is at a
Divisional I was 6 seconds slower then the EMod
National Champ Gretchen and co-drivers in the RX-7.
Next year I feel it will be down to 1-2 seconds. Still
not National caliber but way more fun then driving a
stock car. The amount of work for a Mod car is
incredible. Run Sock until you learn is my personal
feeling.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster Turbo V-6
Must Go Faster Racing