Re: New thread: Tire width questions

To: ConeChasr@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New thread: Tire width questions
From: Stan Whitney <dp25sdw@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:21:45 -0800 (PST)
Size limits not withstanding, I wonder if the rapid
transitions of solo are more agreeable with overtired
rims, which seem to be a little more forgiving of
sudden brake/steering inputs.  Note that E/F/G/H
production cars, which have 6-7" rim limits, all have
cantilevered 9-10" tires on them (the ultimate stiff
sidewall).

I know on my DSM, the 225's did not have much if any
less raw grip than the 245's, but I had to be very
careful not to overdrive the 225s (too much brake/gas
too late) or they would breakaway into a long slow
slide.  The 245's let me be about 10-20% more
aggresive (or careless) and just mush briefly then
take a set.  This was on Kumho's, not sure about
hoosiers.

Stan Whitney