Re: New thread: Tire width questions

To: ConeChasr@aol.com
Subject: Re: New thread: Tire width questions
From: Mike Mitchell <mitchell@tdi.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 17:05:23 -0500
What I have heard was that what size works with what width can depend
on the tire manufacturer and its particular construction.

Relative to 6.5" DSM applications...245 BFG's with spacers work well
but really shouldn't as they are certainly oversized for the width.
I've heard Hoosier seller say it was silly and asking for trouble to
put anything over 205 let alone 225 on 6.5" rims on such a heavy sled.

Haven't heard much about Kuhmos.  Though a couple people were on them
in Peru...can't remember who....

(Hey Dan, so it sounds like no one's written you that 20G+ check yet?)

MIke M

PS.  Hey, BFG wouldn't even ANSWER if I were to call them with an
opinion.
PPS.  Yet!  :~>