Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:42:57 -0800 (PST)
I think it's just as hard to drive a non-stock car as
it is to drive a stock car in an autocross.

Granted, a proper suspension set-up and sticky tires
will compensate a little for some bad driver habits,
resulting in faster times.

After all, isn't that why the cars are modified in the
first place?  To be faster than stock?  It seems to
sorta be a moot point.

Put a driver in a stock car, and then in a prepped
car, and he'll probably run faster in the prepped car.

Remember when comparing times, etc. to compare times
from similar classes or cars.  I'll bet if those
grumblers at an event that said,"I'd like to see that
guy run in a stock car." Would be suprised if they got
their wish.

Buddy