Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?
From: Jenaro Rodriguez <jenaro@mciworld.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 06:44:53 -0800
Ok, I think it's time to start a new thread with an Autocross theme ; >
). I've been pondering this for a while now. Let's assume a novice
autocrosser. Would he be better starting off with a Stock Car as opposed
to a Street Prepared? I'm not talking in terms of cost here. Only in
terms of Driving Skill development. And to take it one step further
would a Stock Class Driver be theoretically better than a (Street
Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.) Driver? Assuming it should be tougher to
drive a Stock Class car as opposed to a Modified Car. I've heard people
talking at events and have heard comments such as "I'd like to see what
he could do in a Competitive Stock Car" when referring to somebody
driving a Street Prepared Car. Again when I say modified car I basically
refer to anything not legal in a stock class (SCCA) and that is set up
correctly. What do you guys think?

    Jenaro