Re: DRL's (crap, another pet peeve)

To: autocross digest <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DRL's (crap, another pet peeve)
From: Scott Knight <sknight@mich.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 14:10:00 -0500
> Driver gets antsy, releases brake for a split second, car creeps about an
> inch, then driver checks the creep by reapplying brake, back to blinking
> light.
>
> "Hey you, I'm stopping. I'm stopping. I'm stopping. I'm stopping!"

Or better yet, the incredibly high percentage of the driving population
that cannot, and I mean can NOT just pull up and stop (this includes my
wife...), but have to keep on creeping the entire duration of a stop.  I
will just about claw the seat covers off at some of the longer stops
watching these people inch forward a dozen or more times.  I have
noticed the frequency of this increases somewhat with cell phone usage,
FWIW.

On the topic, a couple of years ago the trendy mod to Impala SS's became
to install 'blink-blink' modules that make the brake lights pattern out
from the center a-la 1958 (?) thunderbird.  Every bit as annoying as a
blinking CHMSL ever could be.
--
Scott Knight  mailto:sknight@mich.com
http://www.mich.com/~sknight IRC:SS396man