Wanted: NASA-VA Solo Events Director(s)

To: nasa-va_list@onelist.com, nasa-va_annc@onelist.com, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Wanted: NASA-VA Solo Events Director(s)
From: NASA-VA Jon Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:48:24 -0500
NASA Atlantic Division
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE  -  12/2/99

In order to maintain our full-time day jobs in addition
to our National Auto Sport Association-Virginia Region
"spare time jobs" for the Y2K race season, we are in
need of a Solo Events Director (or two).  This is because
our focus on wheel to wheel roadracing events is taking
up so much time and we do not want the much-loved
Solo program to suffer.

Candidates should live in the Mid-Atlantic (preferrably
Virginia) and have a working knowledge of autocross
and time trial type events as both a competitor and a
volunteer or organizer.

Duties include handling all advertising, publicity, public
relations, pre-registration, pre-event details (staffing,
paperwork, equipment inventory and delivery, etc), being
Event Co-Director, and handling the results (calculation
and dissemination).

The primary series a Solo Events Director will be responsible
for is the Y2K NASA Mid Atlantic Autocross Championship,
which will feature between six and ten events primarily at
Virginia Motorsports Park in Petersburg, VA.  The secondary
series a Solo Events Director will be responsible for is the
Y2K NASA Time Trial Shootout series, which will feature
between two and four events on roadrace tracks like the
Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point, the South Course at
Virginia International Raceway, and Lime Rock Park in
Connecticut.  (The TT events are held in conjunction with
high performance driving schools, which a SED will not
be in charge of.  Furthermore, the SED will not be involved
in site or track rentals or insurance arrangements or any
other mechanical details.)

Benefits are unbelievable (free training, unlimited advice
and help, free track time, expenses, great-looking business
cards, dinner and cold beer after each event, the "warm fuzzies",
and more).

Interested parties should contact me immediately for more
information.  Please note that any help is better than none
(two people could take this job, or one person could take
just some of this job... but we definitely need assistance!)

Thanks,

Jon
*****
Jon Felton, Director
National Auto Sport Association - Atlantic Division
(804) 573-NASA / nasa-va@juno.com
http://www.nasaproracing.com
PO Box 270, Richmond VA 23218-0270