Re: DRL's (Digest 3620)

To: jschmidt@kumc.edu, jeremys1@bellsouth.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DRL's (Digest 3620)
From: Mdmtrsport@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:28:22 EST
In a message dated 12/1/99 6:12:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jschmidt@kumc.edu writes:

> When you were off the brakes , the light just kept a steady low beam
tallight.

Some cars have them installed now. IMHO, one of the worst damn things I have
ever seen. Annoying as hell.

They quit flashing after so many minutes on the brakes. Then they go steady.
Until brake is released and reapplied.

Picture this scenario: Long traffic light, or railroad crossing with a slow
train. Driver keeps foot on brake. This freaking red strobe is blinking
merrily away for about whatever time it is supposed to. Then goes steady.
Driver gets antsy, releases brake for a split second, car creeps about an
inch, then driver checks the creep by reapplying brake, back to blinking
light.

"Hey you, I'm stopping. I'm stopping. I'm stopping. I'm stopping!"

Duh!

Mike