re: Want a new old autocross car

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Want a new old autocross car
From: Bill Bailey <estock71@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 21:09:27 -0700 (PDT)
I'm a strong believer in the Toyota Corolla GT-S (since I've had one
for 14 years! :)  Bulletproof engine, strong 5-speed, 4-wheel discs,
4:30 limited slip (not in all cars) and a 4-bar live axle in the rear.
Maybe a little heavy (ok, a lot heavy) in this age of Honda everything,
but VERY tossable and fun.  I've put 184,000 miles on mine,
autocrossing it for about 6 years in Fresno.  Lots of suspension parts
around, just gotta know where to look, (TRD, bring $$).  Engine the
basis for Atlantics, very development-friendly.  A few cheap mods will
take it from 112 stock hp to about 140, with no bottom end work needed,
just intake, exhaust and injectors.

Bill Bailey
estock71@yahoo.com