Petersburg Pro Questions (MR2 Problem)

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Petersburg Pro Questions (MR2 Problem)
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 10:40:07 -0400
I just noticed yesterday that my '91 MR2 Turbo was pulling to the left under
braking, and I diagnosed the problem as a clogged right front brake hose.
I've called the Toyota dealers in MD and northern VA, and they all said the
part is backordered and would take 3 to 5 days to arrive from CA.  The
Toyota Motorsports garage might come through and might be able to ship me
one next day, but I'm not sure yet.  So I'm looking at other options.

1.  This is a huge longshot, but does anyone who is going to the Petersburg
Pro have a spare front brake hose for a '91 MR2 Turbo, without ABS,
manufacture date 6/90?  (the part number changed for later '91 models.)

2.  I could install the faulty hose and run the event without the right
front brake functioning, but that is obviously not ideal.  The car is
controllable under hard braking and still stops a lot quicker than an SUV,
and I don't feel that it is unsafe.

3.  I might consider towing my ITS RX7 road race car down and entering it in
CSP.  Is it possible for me to change my entry to another class at event
registration?  The ITS car has some problems of its own and probably isn't a
very competitive CSP car, so I'm not sure if I really want to do this
option.

Brad Burns
#65 MR2T A-stock (maybe)