Re: Pro Solo Pre Stage lights

To: <Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pro Solo Pre Stage lights
From: "Peter Wong" <rudeboy@nwnexus.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 06:25:24 -0700
I missed most of this thread, but as soon as both stage (at a drag racing
event), the starter can start.  If you're still messing around by backing up
(which I dont believe is allowed at our local track) you could be left
holding the bag.  The pre-stage light lets you know you're damn close to the
stage light so you don't have to back up.

With this protocol, the starter doesn't need signals from the drivers that
they're ready.  He sees both stage lights lit, he can start immediately.

Then there's the psychological game.  Generally the first car to the lights
only pre-stages and then waits for the other car to pre-stage.  Sometimes
one car will drag its feet waiting for the other's engine to overheat or
intake temp to heat up (again, frowned upon).