Re: Torque Wrench thoughts

To: eharleq@selway.umt.edu
Subject: Re: Torque Wrench thoughts
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 17:02:39 -0700
eharleq@selway.umt.edu wrote:

> All,
>
> Does anyone have ideas about a quality but not very spendy wrench (15-100
> ft/lbs)? I need to get one soon.

        S/K, Husky, or a number of other brands. But -not- Sears if you're
looking for a click-type torque wrench. The S/K, Husky and others are
all basically the same wrench sold under different names, and they all
carry a life-time warrantee. The Sears torque wrenches are only one
year, something to do with it not being considered a "hand-tool".
        In my experience, I've found three basic levels of "mechanic" wrenches.
Sears being the bottom rung. S/K etc. being good quality at a reasonable
price. And then tools like Snap-On. Some people have told me that the
Snap-On tools are just like all the others, but I didn't get that
impression from looking at them.

        As always, YMMV, and Caveat Emptor.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/