RE: Torque Wrench thoughts

To: "Joshua Hadler" <jhadler@rmi.net>, <eharleq@selway.umt.edu>
Subject: RE: Torque Wrench thoughts
From: "Brent DeWitt" <bdewitt@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 20:14:48 -0600
Minor difference of opinion from having owned Craftsman (not), Husky and SK.
Craftsman and Husky are identical, SK is a notch or two better in
reliability.  Craftsman, who touts their lifetime warranty on hand tools,
explicitly states on the package that their click-break torque wrench is a
90 _day_ warranty.  The good news is that Husky will give you a _free_
equivalent wrench if you turn in the Craftsman wrench.  Now if it only
worked the other way, we'd have lifetime wrench supplies!

The SK was considerably more expensive, but 9 years after I bought it, it
still checks to +-5%.

Why do I have both?  SK is lower range, up to 25 N-M.  Husky is high range.