Re: Planting the rear

To: "Larry Boardman" <webdoc@javanet.com>, "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Planting the rear
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 20:13:57 -0500
From: Larry Boardman <webdoc@javanet.com>

>The problem I would really
>like to correct is oversteer and lack of traction on the straights.  I
>was surprised that a totally stock car did not push in the turns even
>when I came in too fast.

>a 1LE front bar is

>(must be allowable in F Stock!)

I don't know how a 1LE front bar compares to what you have, but I believe
you want a stiffer front bar than you have.

A stiffer front bar will reduce your oversteer and also keep more pressure
on your inside rear tire.  This will give you more motive traction as you
exit the turns.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/