'93 Integra queries

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: '93 Integra queries
From: Chad Bersche <chad@michelob.wustl.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:24:12 -0500 (CDT)
I'm seeking some advice from the learned autox'ers on Team.Net to
provide me with some advice on what their experiences/impressions
of various components that might fare well on a 1993 Acura Integra.

Since the car is a bit older, and I just really got started autoxing
it last year, I'm still in the beginning phases of tuning.  Keep in
mind that this is also my daily ride, and that I'm not too interested
in going into the SP classes.  I like my ES class for now.  :-)

But seeing as how the car is a bit older, it's getting time to replace
a few things just due to the natural aging process.  I'm still running
the original exhaust, which is beginning to rust thru, as well as the
original clutch (which I'm amazed has lasted to almost 90K miles with
my driving style!), and yes, I've still got stock brakes.  I did
replace my almost-shot shocks during the off season with a set of Koni's
and threw some race rubber on the corners, so I'm better off than I was.

My specific questions:

1)  Who has good replacement cat-back exhaust systems for the Integra
    that will fit the stock mountings?  I'm not looking for loud, since
    I do drive this thing every day - and if replacing it with something
    other than a stock muffler isn't going to get me much, so be it,
    I'll just get rid of the rusting one and put another similar to it
    on.

2)  What type of clutch assembly should I consider putting in to replace
    the stock one?  It's not too bad yet, but I'm starting to feel that
    the high gears aren't as responsive as they were, and there's more
    noticeable slip in the low gears.

3)  What brakes would I want to look at for replacement when the ones I
    have start to go?

I appreciate any tips/pointers/advice that might be offered!

  -- Chad

---
Chad A. Bersche - chad@michelob.wustl.edu
'93 Acura Integra GS