Re: Best Rain autox/street tire?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best Rain autox/street tire?
From: Derek Punch <dpunch@qualcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:51:54 -0700
        Your friendly Kumho dealer made a tire in limited numbers-a 225/50/16"
V700 Victoracer (current autox compound) in 11/32" tread depth. That's not
a misprint. I ran a set of them and they lasted 22K glorious (mostly
street)miles with Autox setup. Standard rotation and 2 rim flips later-they
wore quite evenly. If enough people ping Kumho about it, they may just
start making them again in more sizes. I just recently found another set of
them and plan on reliving the experiences. Best rain tire ever. Best before
that was the old RE71R. This was on a 3rd Gen Rx7 car-which is generally
easy on tires.

Derek