Re: Best Rain autox/street tire?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Best Rain autox/street tire?
From: Jefrem Iwaniw <jiwaniw@iigo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:13:44 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Mark J. Andy wrote:
        <SNIP>
> Yokohama AVS Intermediate.  205/60-14 ($72)

My experience with these has been that, while an OK dry street tire,
they're pretty-much worthless in the rain (this is in a 205/60x13
size).  The A032R's are much better in the rain (and dry) than these,
but they won't likely last 10k miles with a race suspension.

        <snip>

> The tire has to be workable on the street, so I don't know if the 'dirt
> stocker' I've heard about would do that or not...

Without standing water (or dirt/mud) to drive through, these will
wear-out in about 10 miles.  Although, in standing/pouring water,
they'll be faster than just about anything else....

-jefrem