Re: ProSolo Expo Cancelled

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ProSolo Expo Cancelled
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:44:57 -0400
Sam Strano wrote:

>> At 02:43 PM 4/15/99 -0500, Mike Bultemeier wrote:
>> Ok Oklahoma guys! Hurt him!

> Now, now.  Calm down.  My point was there wasn't any incentive
> for me (and probably a lot of others) to drive to Oklahoma for
> an event that didn't pay points or money.

I kinda have to echo Sam here. OK is a long haul (although it's way shorter for
us than Seattle or the LA events) and while prize money didn't have much bearing
on our decision to skip it, the lack of series points did.

On the one hand, it'd be nice to show the flag and have a "test" event where we
could try some crazy stuff out without fear of losing points, but on the other
hand, it's time off work and money spent towing with little to show for it. If
we lose, we lose, but if we win, we lose more, if you follow.

But what finally clinched it for us was that it's Tax Time, and having to give
two countries a couple of litres of blood each kinda puts the kibosh on
long-haul racing activities.

(And as it turns out, my trailer is still tied up in a mile of red tape. Who'd
have thought importing a trailer would be so much work?)

If the race had been in July/August/September, we probably would have gone with
or without points or money.

DG