Re: Intake mods, what class?

To: "Brian M Kennedy" <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Intake mods, what class?
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:08:37 -0400
>You can route the air to your airbox from anywhere you want, BUT you cannot
>cut holes in other parts or remove other parts to do it.  So, for example,
>you can extend a tube from the front of the airbox to behind the foglamps,
>BUT you cannot remove the foglamps.  You can route the tube down to the
>brake duct, BUT you cannot cut a hole into the brake duct (or use a
Euro-part
>with such a hole, as is often done illegally).
>
>Make sense?

Perfect sense.  Thanks for that additional info.  There's a hole in the
front of the engine compartment that would be an excellent inlet if I could
only cut it a little bigger, and if you hadn't mentioned that I would've and
had an illegal intake.  Now I think I'll just drop it straight down the
engine compartment to keep it legal.  Just have to make sure it's short
enough so it doesn't start sucking water from puddles!

    - Justin