Re: R/T sits higher with Konis? Protest? Huh?

To: Mtnman3620@aol.com
Subject: Re: R/T sits higher with Konis? Protest? Huh?
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 08:58:15 -0700
Mtnman3620@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/8/99 2:39:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time, eric10mm@qni.com
> writes:
>
> << Is it just my imagination or does anybody else think their Neon actually
>  sits a little higher with the Konis than it did with the factory R/T struts?

Regarding gas Konis RAISING the car - only HIGH PRESSURE gas shocks will do
this to a measureable degree, and I don't think the Konis are that.

Eric - take some exact comparative measurements, and I think you will find
that the spring perches are welded exactly that much higher on the Koni shock
body, compared to the stock ones.

Aftermarket shocks are made to a "one size fits all" design, which is no
problem for Joe Average's daily driver.

> If this is true, you must put it back to stock ride height or else you are
> protest bait at any large event...

Like, by cutting the springs?   :-)

I really wonder if there is a weenie low enough out there to protest a car for
being too high.

Oh. Right. I forgot.

Of COURSE there is.....   ;-)

Scott Meyers