Re: Different Street Touring idea...

To: JTHOR11@aol.com
Subject: Re: Different Street Touring idea...
From: Dale Botkin <dale@botkin.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 18:47:43 -0600 (EST)
On Sat, 3 Apr 1999 JTHOR11@aol.com wrote:

> Eligible cars would be any car in these Stock classes.  H, G, E, D, (and
> possibly C).  Max wheel and tire width of 7" and 225.
> Treadwear of 140 or greater.
> All of the other criteria for the current Street Touring would be the same.
> ie. CARB legal bolt on engine mods... catalytic converters must be
> retained... etc...
>
> The one thing I have been toying with is an exclusion of turbo or AWD
> vehicles in the class but letting them run in more of a Street Mod class
> where engine swaps and such would be allowed.

Cool, Jan, that means I can bolt up a CARB-legal Vortech blower on my GS
Mustang and still be legal?  I'm all for it!  ;-)

Dale
---
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
          -Mitch Ratliffe, Technology Review April, 1992