Different Street Touring idea...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Different Street Touring idea...
From: JTHOR11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 19:16:55 EST
Greetings..

I have been pondering the current Street Touring rules and I have thought
about a slightly different criteria for the class trying to make it as simple
as possible.

Any comments or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Eligible cars would be any car in these Stock classes.  H, G, E, D, (and
possibly C).  Max wheel and tire width of 7" and 225.
Treadwear of 140 or greater.
All of the other criteria for the current Street Touring would be the same.
ie. CARB legal bolt on engine mods... catalytic converters must be
retained... etc...

The one thing I have been toying with is an exclusion of turbo or AWD
vehicles in the class but letting them run in more of a Street Mod class
where engine swaps and such would be allowed.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Whoomah!!

Jan Gerber
Omaha, NE