Re: g-froce R1 defect

To: alex_inc@hotmail.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: g-froce R1 defect
From: "Jeffrey Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:30:12 PST
My input on this,
Now I don't like G-force but I am standing behind them here

it is not the tire at fault But ask your friend for me What tire
pressures he was running Too low pressures, this is similar to what
caused the EGOD, but the old R-1's loved low pressure so this was
somthing we lived with.. The G-spots (from what I heard) Hate low
pressure and if you friend was running his old R-1 pressures this may
have been significant to push the center of the tire together (and up
toward the rim, not away like the R-1) under connering, tearing away
the rubber from the cord,  where the old r-1 would push this rubber
towards the pavement and causing it to wear in a "non existant" groove

Take a pencil eraser, soft huh, kinda like a R-tire, well pull on two
same side cornners it flexes but you really would have to pull the
S#!T out of it to rip it, now Push on those same cornners towards the
center  the oppisite side of the eraser will bend and split in a
magnitude of what you pushed that side.  that is the best I can
explain the diffrence between tire  construction and what *MAY* have
caused this problem Moral (Inflate them HIGH) then work down. the tire
will get less grip before you hurt it

(normal disclamer) YMMV IMHO
This is based on 3rd party data,  yadda yadda yadda,

Jeff Lloyd