Re: Walking Away

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: Walking Away
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:22:55 -0600
Mike Bultemeier wrote:

> I'm going to say one more thing and then you guys beat this dead horse
> all you want.
> If you think a course looks "Spooky" you can choose not to run it.  Its
> your choice
> to get in the car or not. I'm not saying that there is no responsibilty
> on the designers part. But YOU have the final choice to run or not. We
> have a lot here in KC that
> I will not run on ever again. Some of us have tried to make suggestions
> to the
> "Powers that be" but nobody listens. They still keep doing the same
> thing and
> cars keep going airborne and breaking. What do you do, I take
> responsiblity
> for myself!!!!!!

I agree with you but.....Have you ever given up a whole seasons worth of
point eligibility by walking away?  Is it fair that someone should make
you decide whether to bag your whole summers investment in time and
money to run a season points series?  When you get to the 7th event of
the season, and you need this one to win the year end championship, see
how you feel about walking away then.  Solo2 is supposed to be Solo2,
and there needs to be a reasonable assurance that after driving 4 hours
to get there, you will in fact be at a Solo2.  In my lonely opinion, of
course.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese