RE: ProSolo Nationals Vs Pro Classes

To: "'dg50@daimlerchrysler.com'" <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>,
Subject: RE: ProSolo Nationals Vs Pro Classes
From: Kevin McCormick <ktm@Unify.Com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:55:37 -0800

<snip>

> I have to confess that I've thought about switching myself. I
> got killed in P2
> at Ft Myers, but the same performance at that event would have won
> NationalSeries ESP. With all the Big Dogs in ESP running in
> P3, it seems
> possible that I could pull off a NationalSeries Championship
> in ESP. It's _very_
> tempting; I'd kinda like the title "National Champion"
> associated with my name,
> and it certainly appears that that's not immediately
> forthcoming in P2.
> Furthermore, were I to switch, I don't think my name would be
> added to anyone's
> "fast guy who should be in Pro" list. I'm frankly not on
> anybody's "shoe" radar,
> not yet - maybe not ever.
> DG

Ralph Elder ran into a little snag for this at the San Berdoo Pro - I was
not able to attend (new daughter and all) so Ralph ran P5 so that Katie
Elder could have warm tires.  Well, before he signed up for this, he called
and check to see if he could run the National Series in AS at Atwater.  Nope
- it appears that once you run a Pro Series class, you're 'stuck' in the Pro
end of things - you can run other Pro classes (I think) but no National
Series.  By all means, confirm this, but that was the story 2 weeks ago...

Kevin McCormick
1999 Miata Sport - BS/P5