RE: Lucy has an ailment! (Miata Question)

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucy has an ailment! (Miata Question)
From: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:10:38 -0700
Hello all,
Question, was it like the tire was rocking in and out at the top? I would
think the bushings on the A-arm are flexing. Watching a new 98 Corvette at a
high speed driving display last fall, the front tire was moving back and
forth (front to rear on the car) and looked like it would fall off. I was
standing with the GM engineer and he said it was the bushings on the a-arm
compressing. If there was no movement the stress would snap the a-arm or
crack the frame. Try watching another Miata or similar car. It will probably
scare you.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster (lots of things shake on this car)

Also check for a slightly bent rim.