RE: melissa virus?

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>, "autocross" <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: melissa virus?
From: "Garrett Chew" <GnTChew@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 06:16:33 -1000
Got hit with it on Friday afternoon.  It's real nasty.  You can get some
good descriptions on it from the Antivirus software sites like Symantec,
Trend, etc.  It affects people with Word and Outlook.  It's a Word macro
that sends email messages to 50 people on your distribution list. I don't
think it does anything malicious - it's a denial of service attack.

Microsoft does have a fix to cleanup the mess and most of the antivirus
programs already have patches.

Garrett