GSX vs Probe vs. Neon

To: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Subject: GSX vs Probe vs. Neon
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:06:53 -0800

I too find these accounts strange...but here are some interesting numbers
for you:

1994 Probe GT:  K&N drop in and Borla:  15.3 @ 89
1995 Neon ACR: K&N drop in and Straight pipe:  15.4 @ 88

Seen it, my car and Leverone's white DOHC.

AB

>Dan, your findings at speed do not surprise me.  On the test track a while
back,
>I was also surprised to discover that the Neon I was driving could
significantly
>outpull the AWD Talon at speed.  It was obvious that the Talon is geared a
>little taller in third and/or the turbo is designed such that the power
output
>isn't as strong in the upper rev range but rather optimized for mid range.

C'mon guys! First Probe, now Neon??? I could buy this story about Probe, if
you have Talon in the wrong gear (like third) or some kind of engine
trouble. Stock DSMs don't like high RPMs (due to T25 turbo - T for too
small), but if you shift it around 6k we would not have such a post around.
Stock DSMs can pull high 14s at the 1/4 mile. What are the numbers for
Probe (I don't even want to mention Neons here (no offense to their owners,
but they are not drag racing cars))?

Fedja
95 AWD
#34 ESP