Re: The Tour's Total Tally Today

To: AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Tour's Total Tally Today
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:07:36 EST
In a message dated 99-03-21 23:10:25 EST, randyc2@home.com writes:

<<  Wow...what a great course, a great event, and great weather. Tidbit: A
 number of competitors were getting nervous, hoping the the event ended
 on time. They had airline tickets, and moving on run orders made it
 interesting.

 Then, the pretty Kelly Lotus puked fluids on the course in the 4th run
 group and an army of volunteers rushed to get the course cleaned off. We
 ended the day late, about 30 minutes past the 5:00pm sound curfew. Oh
 well.  >>

My co-driver and I were affected by this, though less by the change from 1st
to 5th Run Group.  We missed several flights, and got on the last one out of
LAX to SFO at 11:45 PM.  Home by 2:00 AM, at work at 7:00 AM!  Couldn't we
have just driven home?

<<  CS: Kevin Bailey went into his third run carrying two DNFs, could he
pull out a time? A good time? A rerun (again!) helped and Kevin took 1st
place. The Northwest Regions Porsche 924s took positions 2 and 3 (Glen
Hernandex, Kevin Dietz), and I think Andy McKee was in 4th. It was a
close race!  >>

I just want to let everyone know I WAS NOT responsible for Kevin's Sunday re-
run (though I was responsible for both of his re-runs on Saturday.  Now we're
even for that Atwater ride a couple of years ago... :-)  )

CHD