The Tour's Total Tally Today

To: autocross <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Tour's Total Tally Today
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 20:11:55 -0800
Wow...what a great course, a great event, and great weather. Tidbit: A
number of competitors were getting nervous, hoping the the event ended
on time. They had airline tickets, and moving on run orders made it
interesting.

Then, the pretty Kelly Lotus puked fluids on the course in the 4th run
group and an army of volunteers rushed to get the course cleaned off. We
ended the day late, about 30 minutes past the 5:00pm sound curfew. Oh
well.

Lots off trophies were awarded, but I didn't stick around since I had to
take care of some stuff. I asked someone else to please post the trophy
positions.

Phil Esra typed:

>>ST 3 drivers
>>Sofbiastoro Sueka

>Heh heh heh. Orange Integra? That would be Soebiantoro Soekamto ("Sobie").
>We in SFR struggle with the name too... :) Thanks for the news.

No problem. Whew...thats a relief, I thought it was going to be one of
those hard to pronounce names. 8)

With Sobie I just jammed a bunch of fingers on my keyboard and hoped for
the best. Kind of represents my driving style. 8)

Stuff I noticed:
AS: Shauna pulled out a win in the Z3 coupe over Thomas Harrington.
Thomas learned his camber went much less negative on his first run, but
he didn't notice it until impound. Thomas still took second place.

BS: George Doganis put down a killer run to grasp the 1st place trophy
from Gary Thomason who ended in 2nd place, just a bit back.

CS: Kevin Bailey went into his third run carrying two DNFs, could he
pull out a time? A good time? A rerun (again!) helped and Kevin took 1st
place. The Northwest Regions Porsche 924s took positions 2 and 3 (Glen
Hernandex, Kevin Dietz), and I think Andy McKee was in 4th. It was a
close race!

SS: Jeff Cawthorne took 1st in his Corvette.

BSP: I think Rita Wilsey was 1st.

Randy Chase