rebound vs. compression?

To: "autocross list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: rebound vs. compression?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:33:27 -0800
How-dee!!!

Basic question for some of y'all but here it is.

What's the difference between rebound and compression in the adjustable
struts and shocks on the market?  Which one is better or more necessary for
our beloved sport? Are there any other types of adjustment that we can
benefit from, from a Stock Class point of view, in autocrossing?  I'd love
to be able to lower my car a few inches but it's against the Stock rules.
:^(

Remember this: "The only true sports are auto racing, mountain climbing and
bull fighting.  Everything else is just a game."  Quoted from whom I have no
idea but at least I'm no plagerist.  ;^)

Thanks in advance.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

You jump in front of my car  When you know all the time
That 90 miles an hour  Girl  Is the speed I drive
You tell me it's all right  You don't mind a little pain
You say you just want me to take you for a drive
"Crosstown Traffic"  as recorded by Jimi Hendrix