Re: Autox

To: "Auto-X List" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Autox
From: "Brian Goodwin" <briang@adnc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 00:45:18 -0800

1
>rear end, though so that might just offset that height difference.

Perhaps, but the best in the country were here in San Diego today for the
National Tour and of the three dozen top BS Miatas I did not see any with
that size.  And I don't think it's because nobody thought to try the
225/50/15 size.  I know many of these folks (today's champ, George is the
national BS champ two years running and I was his co-driver for the tour
last year) and I can tell you that these guys test every single size and
brand of race tire before they select their competition combo.  With the
best BS drivers in the country, the number one at nationals, the number two,
etc., in attendance today, the fastest Miatas of the day ran 14s (and there
were a dozen 99s running).  This was also true at the national championship
this year.  This result has been repeated several times now.  Mere
coincidence?  Perhaps, but I doubt it.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing Supply
94 CSP Miata