Extended Repair Insurance

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Extended Repair Insurance
From: Larry Boardman <webdoc@javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:54:30 -0500
I  know this is a little off our main subject but has anyone had any
good/ bad experience with buying extended repair insurance.  I just
bought a used 98 Camero and received a offer from my insurance company
that will extend repairs for an additional 20,000 miles after the
warrantee is over.  There is a $50 deductible and the policy does not
cover consumable (clutch, brake pads and such).  Cost seems steep - over
$800.00.

If this were a Japanese car, I wouldn't even consider this but with a
American  car built on somewhat older technology , It may be worth it.
I've heard that the limited slips tend to wear out quickly.  this is
covered but I have no idea of what the normal cost to repair is.
Comments?

--
Larry Boardman