Re: older cars in stock

To: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>, Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: older cars in stock
From: "Mari L. Clements" <mlc4@psu.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:12:35 -0500
At 10:15 AM 3/16/99 -0700, Joshua Hadler wrote:
>Jay Mitchell wrote:
>>
>> I'd claim further that your statistics establish the choices of
>> the trophy winners, not whether a "newer" car is really necessary
>> in order to be competitive. It's possible that older cars than
>> early '90s can still be competitive in Stock, but that the best
>> drivers have simply chosen to compete in newer ones.

Gee--now I really want to know what you claimed first.
Guess I'll have to wait and see when the digest comes.

I'm a little worried, though, since my point was (intended to be)
that one does NOT need the newest car to be competitive.
(I left out that one of those trophy winners had 300,000
miles on it and cost the owner less than $500, as I recall.  Not,
obviously, including parts.)

Fully agreed that some folks would trophy if they drove a shoebox,
mlc
'91 MR2 NA