Re: Hype R kickin Class

To: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Hype R kickin Class
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:46:39 -0600
From: richard nichols <rnichol1@san.rr.com>

>[Ny Pinto is] an original-owner, rust-free car and 27 years old -- driven
>daily on a 20-year old rebuild and optioned for an auto museum.  Won its
>class last autocross it was in, as I recall.
>
>Richard Nichols
>San Diego, CA

The key words here are:

>rust-free
and
>San Diego

The Pintos in the Twin Cities rusted out two decades ago...

Seriously, enjoy your Pinto.  I have no desire to denigrate any particular
marque.  The facts are that Pintos hereabouts are virtually all rusty hulks,
and sports-car kits are available to use Pinto parts.  Combining these two
facts can create some really fun cars.  A Pinto-based Big Healey I drove
once was one of the nicer-handling cars I have driven.