Re: TLS Website

To: washburn@dwave.net
Subject: Re: TLS Website
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 18:54:00 -0800
> Charles R. Schultz wrote:
> >
> > You know, I'm beginning to think that, based on the photos on this page,
> > nobody other me who so far _claims_ to be TLS is really qualified.  All
> > those other cars are way too cool for TLS status, in my opinion.  At
> > least my car is obviously unqualified to be competitive, even if you
> > can't see any duct tape in the wide shot.  ;^)
> >

> In response, Patrick Wasburn wrote:
>
> > You know, I had the same thought.  Those TLS cars are pretty damn
> > pretty!  Hey Mike, I thought there was some kind of entry criteria.  I
> > don't think anyone who didn't follow the creation of TLS on team.net
> > will "get it".   Better get some duct tape on those machines, and for
> > heavens sake, stop washing them!  ;)

Hey, Guys!

The picture of my Mini was taken from the passenger side.  If you
could see the driver's side, you'd see how badly bent and deformed the
front fender well is and how all that pretty white paint is chipped
off from the damage caused when the upper ball joint gave way in Lake
Charles just about a year ago and ripped out the whole left front
corner of the car.  It took at least eight hefty guys, two floor
jacks, and my winch to get it back on the trailer!  Then, if you open
the boot (trunk) lid, you'll see a really poor fiberglass patch that
covers the rusted out spare tire well.  Now, look at the passenger
side floor and you'll see a big metal piece that's pop-riveted in to
cover up all the rust in the floor board.  Then look at all the rust
that's bleeding through the new paint around the rain gutter.  TLS???
You betcha!!!  Got tape?

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman